Thursday, March 13, 2008

WOW: Big Bend National Park - March 2008


Laurel and I just returned from a week in Big Bend National Park. We spent part of the time with her parents and part just the two of us. In a word, "WOW!"

At almost 1,000,000 acres, Big Bend is big. And the terrain is quite diverse - from the Rio Grande, to canyons, to mountains, to forests, to deserts. Sort of like Texas, I guess.

We drove 1,200 miles in the week - it's a long way there and back - and saw a whole new part of Texas (new to us). Beautiful. Inspiring.

2 comments:

Charlie Daniel said...

Great Blogpost on your trip to Big Ben. Your mother even pulled it up for herself.
DAD Charlie Daniel

Mac Richard-- said...

Bill--just found your blog and I'm deeply jealous of your trip to Big Bend. I've lived in Texas my whole life and never made it out there. Looking at your pix, it has moved up my list to see.
Loved your frog/princess posts and I'm selfishly glad your leaving-TX-bar is set so high.