Friday, September 7, 2007

The Summer Is Over...

As the founding CEO of Surgient, Inc., I spent the past 4 1/2 years creating and leading the "new" Surgient. The story of the new Surgient is a wonderful "phoenix rising from the ashes" tale. In June of this year, I began transitioning my duties to our new CEO, Tim Lucas. I have spent the summer assisting Tim in the transition and helping to forge relationships between Tim (as the new CEO) and Surgient's key customers and partners.

The Summer is over.

Next week is VMware's - of newly heroic, blockbuster IPO fame - annual customer conference/partner called VMWorld. This should be a veritable feeding frenzy of small and new virtualization-technology focused companies, all hoping to bask in the glow of VMware's post-IPO halo. I believe this conference also signals a new phase in the ever-changing technology landscape. Virtualization is one of those disruptive technologies that changes the market landscape and this fall is a point in time when, I believe, we hit a tipping point.

We shall see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bill - Are you trolling for chicks? Do I need to place a call to Laurel?

HS said...

You're not blending well.